Sunday, July 13, 2008

The floodgates have opened...

...that's right, I got a taste for designing and now I can't stop!  I've read it on all the blogs and forums that this is how it happens, and now I have officially caught the bug!  And I don't want a cure, LOL!  I knew it was there all along, just hadn't given in yet.

I have just completed my very first kit.  I was inspired, as so many are, by my daughter's clothes.  She has this cute sundress and every time I wash it, hang it up, pick it out for her to wear or pick it up off the floor, I think, "that would make a cute color scheme for a kit" or "that would be a cool BG paper."  So, i finally just took the plunge and brought the idea to fruition and, if you like it, you will benefit form my efforts, I'm giving away my kit on my blog!  More on that below...

First I want to show you the inspirational fabric from her dress:


And the kit, Summer Sundress:


So, what do you think?  Hope you all like it as much as I do and as much as I liked making it!  I would love feedback, but be gentle, remember, this is my first kit ever:)

So, the way I am going to give it out is one file a day for five days: 2 sets of papers, 2 sets of elements and the alpha (sorry no international characters or punctuation on this one, I'm easing in, lol).

So, click (LINK HAS BEEN REMOVED-see 7/28 post) for the first set of papers, the patterns, password is inspiration.  Please enjoy, let me know how you like it and when you do a LO, please email me!  I'd love to share it here on the blog...jengregory14 at cox dot net.  And finally, no file or link sharing, just send people here, thanks.

And, on a more personal note, I just had to share this...my darling son tripped over a chair at our block party yesterday and smacked his head on the driveway, ouch!  I've never seen anything like it!  Two hospitals later, he is fine, no loss of consciousness or internal bleeding, just a HUGE goose egg!





That's it for now, make sure to check back over the next few days for the rest of the kit.  I think I'll have at least one, if not, two layouts up here tomorrow so you can see it in action.

Nite nite!


19 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first kit! The colours are wonderful. I'll be checking back for the rest of the kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and Thank you! And your poor little mans head...They sure are tough little guys arent they!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! What an egg. Hope DS is feeling better.

    Love your first kit - how clever to get inspiration from fabric. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the wonderful kit, i knew you had it in you and it was only a matter of time.

    your quality manager.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the freebie...it's beautiful!

    I feel your pain. My daughter was pushed down at preschool 2 weeks ago and had a big goose egg in the middle of her forehead. She still has a bump and the bruise is finally going away, but it wasn't as big as your son's though...poor guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ouch that bump looks really painful, looks like a very brave boy though.

    congratulations on your first kit

    from boland:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your first kit! It looks great! And your poor little tyke! I hope he's okay, that looks painful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful kit! Thanks for sharing and I hope your little guy is OK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your first ever kit is AWESOME! Your poor little son. I've never seen a bump quite as big as that one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely kit! Thank you!

    And ouch! Poor DS! That looks painful! Glad to hear he's okay though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling kit! Thanks for sharing!
    Sorry to hear about your son and it is painful to see those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that is one heck of a goose egg, poor little guy. keep us posted on it. first kit. WOW
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow.. that is a huge goose egg.. I work with three year olds and I have to say..that is the biggest one Ive seen yet!!!

    On a brighter note...love this kit..thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What is it that Shrek says? "Better out, than in." This applies to bumps on the head as well!

    Great kit-am looking forward to the rest of it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WE HAVE THIS DRESS! It is beautiful and the kit was GREAT GREAT GREAT! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. First kit!?!?!? Wow! You're amazing! Thanks for sharing this kit.

    Poor Zach! I've never seen anything like that goose-egg he's got. Last year my granddaughter was running and tripped and hit the bumper of the car on her way down, then hit the driveway. She ended up with a mild concussion, but she didn't have anywhere near that big a knot. She did leave a dent in the bumper, though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh.my.goodness - poor little guy. I have never seen a huge bump like that. Glad though that he is okay...

    Thank you so much for sharing your first kit ever with us - it is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful!!! Glad to know I'm not the only one inspired by my children's clothing! LOL If you want to check out what my daughters summer dress inspired me to make see it at http://flowerscrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. OUCH! This happened to my son once when he was little, but your sons bump is much more impressive.

    Thanks for the cute kit!

    ReplyDelete