Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Bye Bye Butterflies!

Well, the kids and I have been raising caterpillars into butterflies the past few weeks.  (Thanks Nana for the kit) And today, we released them!  They flew off into our backyard to enjoy their life, free from the "butterfly habitat" they have been living in.  The kids did really well, both raising them and letting them go!  If you want to see more pictures of the caterpillars and their chrysalises, visit my family blog here and check out the last few entries.





Danger:  6 year old reader present...we went to Barnes and Noble today to redeem Alex's reward for reading 8 books.  They are running  a summer reading promotion.  Anyway, she must have been "reading" the magazine covers while I was paying (yes, we got more than the free book, can anyone get out of there without buying something, I love that place!) because on the way out to the car she said, "Mom, why did that book say 'why can't women read maps and men don't listen?' "  So, I am giggling when she goes on to say, "it had a picture of a lady holding a map upside down and a man covering his ears"  I am now laughing out loud trying to figure out how to explain the 'Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus' phenomenon to my 6 year old daughter.  Out of the mouths of babes!  Anyway, gave me a chuckle, thought it might give you one too.

And on the scrapping front, don't miss this brand new paper pack from Kiki Halbert at Sunshine.  This and all her paper packs and kits are really rich and textured, not to mention pretty!


And, last but not least, here is another LO using my template!  Thanks for sharing Amanda!  I thought it was a very appropriate subject considering all the butterfly talk!  Great job Amanda on the LO, it shows off the dragonfly really well with the natural papers and flowers and the pic is fabulous!


That's it for me for today!  Off to feed the kids and scrap!  Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment