Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mom, I had a bad dream...

Every once in a while Alex comes in at night and has had a bad dream.  She is a girl with a wild imagination and that translates into her dreams too.  Sometimes her dreams are about truly scary things like volcanoes, earthquakes), sometimes they are scary and funny, like the one where a little girl set down her ice cream cone to tie her shoe and while she wasn't looking someone put a bomb in her ice cream and then she unknowingly ate it.  Wow, at 7, these are real, true fears of hers!  Eek.  Well, Alex is also a clowny little girl and that also translates into her REM sleep images.  The other night she came in and was crying...I was watching Desperate Housewives or Brothers and Sisters, don't remember which.  Todd was on call, so she climbed into bed with me and we cuddled.  I never know how much detail I'll get on these dreams, sometimes she is so out of it that she mumbles and I just comfort her and tuck her back in.  Sometimes though, she has a full on conversation with me complete with expressions and all.  This was one of those times.  She proceeded to say that a beetle had eaten her plant.  And as I sat there trying not to giggle and hugging her, I began to probe for more..."I'm sorry punkin', where did you get the plant?"  She said she had grown it from seeds so it was special.  She was upset!  Poor little thing!  So in the morning I asked if she remembered this..she laughed and said yes, she remembered the dream and that the beetle was a really big one and described it's color and teeth and everything!  Then, she drew it for me....so I had to share.
I am glad it was a beetle this time and not a bomb or natural disaster!

1 comment:

  1. oh, she is so imaginative, even in her sleep. So sorry to hear about your poor plant, but I do like your drawing.

    Mom, like the new blog header, what alpha did you use?

    ReplyDelete